Thursday, June 18, 2015

BLACKHAWKS WIN!!!

So as you all know, or should know, THE BLACKHAWKS WON THE STANLEY CUP!!! 
This year was the first year I really got into hockey and enjoyed it. I tried to watch every game I could, and if I didn't have time, I'd be checking my phone religiously waiting to see the outcome of the game. Now I am a huge fan of hockey and can say its one of my favorite sports to watch.
Anyways, if you didn't know, the Hawks have had a parade every year they have won. This year was the 6th Stanley Cup win so it was no exception. They also have a rally where all thefts can gather and listen to the coaches and players talk about their season and for everyone to unite together on one common love, the Blackhawks.
The parade ended right in front of Soldier Field, where the rally was being held, so me and my friends decided to wait outside and watch the cup go by before we went inside to find our seats. The parade consisted of a lot of random people on trollies and a few players on the top of double decker buses with their families. 





The parade was so much fun, but the rally was even better.
When we got to our seats inside we had to wait for all the coaches and players to unload from the buses so it started a bit late. They started out introducing some old Hawks players and other people that work for the team. Then they played a season highlight reel. I'm going to behest, this gave me goosebumps and made me tear up. Just watching the players reactions with each other when someone scored was priceless. They were genuinely happy for each other, partly because that was one point closer to winning the game but also because they like seeing each other succeed. That is one of the reasons I like hockey, the whole team is a family, and it shows. 
After the highlight reel, Coach Q came up and gave a speech. Then all of the players came up, introduced one by one with lots of applause in-between each person. Some players gave speeches but not all. 
After all that, confetti cannons went off and the whole crowd started singing the Hawks theme song "Chelsea Dagger"


Then "We are the Champions"


This whole day just made me proud to say I'm from Chicago (well just outside of Chicago) and proud of the support the city gives it sports teams, especially the Hawks.
Now lets keep the Cup here for another year!
Squad Out - Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment