Monday, July 6, 2015

Storage Crate DIY

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, been super busy these past few weeks with being sick, traveling, and working. Well now I have a new DIY! 
I was wandering through Target, as usual, and I saw they had plain wooden crates. I was like these could be super cute to store stuff in! So I decided to pick one up and show you how I painted it!
These are the supplies you'll need:
Wooden crate
Paint (I used a teal paint, gold paint, and chalkboard paint)
Paint brushes
Tape (if you're a messy painter)

The first side I painted was the front side. I decided to paint the front with chalkboard paint so that you could write what you're keeping in it.

I then painted all of the other sides the teal color leaving one of the slats unpainted.

Don't forget to paint the insides!

With that slat we left unpainted I decided to paint it gold to give it a pop.

Then once your chalkboard paint is fully dry (look on the bottle of paint for specific instructions) you can write on it. 

I decided to keep blankets in it but you could but anything in it, book, magazines, random papers. 
You can also customize it with any paint colors to match your room!
Squad Out - Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment